Today, after a whirlwind week of traversing Madagascar, it was time for my parents to start their two-day journey home. They will be back late on Monday.
Just as we were pulling up to the airport, Patsy, the Bishop’s wife said, “Uh oh…that’s not a good sign.” We pulled up to the airport’s empty parking lot. The airport was closed There was not a person in sight. Clearly we had missed some message.
Unfortunately, Sunday is everyone’s day off at the airline Air Madagascar, so we couldn’t find out exactly what was going on. But it seems that they decided to cancel the afternoon flight from Toliara to the capital, Antananarivo. Sadly, they didn’t tell us or the unhappy group of French people who showed up shortly after we did.
So we headed back to the hotel, and Dad got to work figuring out a new way to get home.
“Come now, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town’…yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring…Instead you ought to say, ‘If the Lord wills will live and also do this or that.’ As it is you boast in your arrogance…” (James 4:13-16)
If the Lord wills, my parents will be in America some time Wednesday evening.