A few days ago it was my Mom’s birthday, and I wanted to make a post like the one I made for my Dad’s birthday. What are some of my favorite things about my Mom? In no particular order…
- She has been faithfully married to my Dad for 33 years. Awesome!
- Personality-wise, I get a lot from her, especially things contemplative and introverted. Both of us enjoy parties, but both of us probably need a nap afterwards.
- She persevered as a parent, even when Jenny and I protested. For example, she diligently taught my sister and I to write letters and thank-you-notes, even when I complained ferociously. And now I very much value those practices.
- Isn’t she beautiful? I sure think so.
- She is a thorough, diligent worker and a great servant to all those around her.
- I’m sure it must have happened, but I can’t remember seeing her get in a fight with my Dad, and that’s remarkably wonderful.
- She LOVES Christmas, and I think that is because she loves family and Jesus. I can’t imagine life if our house didn’t explode Christmas every year. I think she might still have a few sweaters that jingle. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- She gave stay-at-home-moms a really good name.
- I am absolutely positive she is always praying for me.
- It looks like she and Dad might visit me in Madagascar! So we will add adventurous to her list of great attributes.
Thanks Mom! Love you, and happy birthday!!!