Ryan, what happened to your life? All your recent posts have been about books.
It’s about time for a life and prayer update. All my traveling has slowed down, and I have been in staying here Toliara for the past couple weeks. Life has actually become somewhat (dare I say it?) routine. I think the routine has been a good thing. They may not be terribly exciting, but here are a few highlights from the last few weeks:
- I have felt great health-wise recently!
- I received a package from my parents which means I can eat Peanut Butter and honey sandwiches!
- I have been making a website for the church here, which means lots of time learning how in the world one does that!
- I have been editing a book the Bishop’s wife Patsy wrote!
- I have had a bit of a breakthrough with the language, and dinner conversations are even more fun!
- I got to pray with and for the shaman next door because he is sick.
- I continue to teach at our monthly discipleship training which might be my favorite thing ever!
- I got to hike way out into the countryside to visit a village church (not the cool one Matt Chandler Preaches at)!
- I will soon be traveling to help set up water tanks in local villages!
Please continue praying for me. I greatly desire your prayers. Pray that I would continue to stay healthy. Pray that I would continue to stay joyful in the Lord. Pray for the ministry here in general, that there would be a spirit of love and unity amongst all the Malagasy leaders. Pray for this country. In case you are unaware, Madagascar had a coup a few years ago, and ever since its government has not been recognized by the rest of the world. Therefore, it no longer receives the foreign aid that it desperately needs, and its economy is pretty aweful.