It’s my Dad’s birthday tomorrow! So I thought I’d mention a few of my favorite things about my Dad. In no particular order:
- He’s been faithfully married to my Mom for 32 years. Awesome.
- He is one of the most generous people I know. If I gave specific examples, he probably wouldn’t be too happy with me.
- He still occasionally calls me Ry-no. Cool when I was 10. Annoying when I was 16. Endearing now that I’m 23.
- He is an excellent worker and boss, and I get to benefit from the reputation that he earned.
- We look super alike. I feel like that bodes well for my future.
- He’s always willing to try new things, whether that be riding motorcycles (note his sweatshirt in the picture) or leading worship for children at BSF or the occasional new dish at a resturant. I don’t see him slowing down any time soon.
- He is excellent with the grill. I hope to be similarly skilled some day.
- He’s very loyal to all his family members.
- He is one of the most encouraging people I know, sharing great godly wisdom and challenging me to try new things. Few people make me feel as confident about going to Madagascar next year for example.
- He still has a child-like spirit. (See Christmas carol time as evidence.)
I’d write many more, but 10 seems like a wonderfully complete number. Thanks Dad. I feel like I understand more of the Father’s love because of the job you did.